Monday 2 May 2011

CHERRY GHOST, YOUTUBE AND FESTIVAL SEASON!

These past two weeks have been a mixture of mental and paint dry boring. First off I decided I needed to broaden my music library even more from 103 albums on my ITunes to at least 150 hundred so I'd have a massive amount of new music to listen to and find something I'd love. I found Cherry Ghost.

Cherry Ghost have a slight 'Editors' sound with a massive edge. They write relatable memorable lyrics and melodies that made me want to listen more. As I want to make this a short blog as it is 1:30am that is all i'll say on them for now. (so great to use HTML again...)



I am currently planning a venture into the YouTube community. Music is allot to put out there for myself and since I'm only just starting to take learning the guitar seriously, I'm sure it's going to have some shocking results. I'm stuck in a rut of same strumming pattern, refusing to try barre chords, refusing to sting pick instead of strum and I have no ability to learn chords past A, Am, Asus2, Bm7, Bm, C, C7, D, Dm, D7, Dsus, E, Em, E7, Esus, F (the non barre version and I still struggle with it.) G, G7. Now, That sounds a lot but all of sus and 7th's I learnt this week. Transition is still a little off but I'm sure I'll get there. Never the less I am planning to start my venture into YouTube within the next month at some point.



So festival season starts this month with FOM in my hometown of Manchester, Unfortunately I can't afford to go (story of my life), The Buzzcocks, one of my personal all time favourite bands are playing so I think it's going to be an amazing weekend that I will be catching up with online. My festival of choice this year will be Wakestock in Abersoch. Biffy Clyro to headline and with acts like Ellie Goulding, Chase and Status and The Wombats I was there for its well priced £125 weekend ticket (the say weekend but its actually Thursday - Monday). And although a girl can dream to have endless money so I could attend the festival to end all festivals Glastonbury I guess I'm gonna be there but in living room spirit. I'm more than excited for this last summer whilst permanently living in Manchester.

Well this first blog experience wasn't so bad after all.

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment